The Holiday cost includes:
1. All accommodation, hotel taxes and charges
2. All meals including wine with lunch and dinner, except where specified
3. Pre- and after-meal drinks when staying at Almuña but not in hotels
4. Transport to and from the designated meeting point.
5. Supporting vehicle, support staff and transport of luggage
6. Lecturers, tutors, muleteers, pack animals and English-speaking guides, entrance fees and other items when specified in the itinerary.
3. Staff Gratuities
Your Travel Arrangements
You have a number of alternatives to travel to the start point of your tour:
1. Each tour has a designated Group Meeting Point (GMP) and designated time at which the tour will be met at the GMP – normally the GMP is the nearest main airport of arrival to the start point of the tour. All tours are met at the GMP, from where you will be transported to the start of the tour with the rest of the group. You elect to make your own flight or travel arrangements and meet the tour at the designated GMP by the designated time. Providing you arrive in time you will be transported to the start of the tour with the rest of the group. If you are late at the GMP and the group transport has left it is your responsibility to organise and pay for alternative transport to the start point of the tour.
2. You can elect to make your own travel arrangements to the start of the tour. You will be given instructions depending on whether you arrive by car, train or air. It will be your responsibility to get to the start of the tour.
3. At the end of the tour either you may make your own travel arrangements or be transported to the designated airport of departure to arrive at the designated departure time Group Drop Off (GDO) If your flight does not fit with the GDO it is your responsibility to organise and pay for alternative transport to the airport for your flight.
It is incumbent on you to have adequate travel insurance that covers you for all eventualities on the holiday booked with us. Prior to travel you are required to give us details of your insurance together with proof of validity from the date of your confirmed booking with us.
We reserve the right to terminate your booking if you fail to obtain travel insurance cover.
Particular care should be taken to ensure that you have adequate cover, in particular for cancellation and emergency repatriation in the event of medical problems.
Making your booking
Please complete the booking form and forward it to AH with your deposit. When we receive your booking form and deposit or full payment, we will, if the holiday is available, issue your confirmation of booking and send with any further information relevant to the holiday booked. It is from then on that a firm contract exists between you and AH on the basis of our brochure, website and detailed itineraries and of the details sent to you. If the holiday is not available, we will return your deposit or full payment – we do suggest that you call first to secure a provisional booking which will be held on your behalf for an agreed period of time. Once we have confirmed your booking your deposit is non-returnable except in the special circumstances mentioned below. We send the final invoice about 10 – 8 weeks before departure and this will show any surcharges due. You must pay the amount due within 10 days of the invoice date. We may otherwise treat the booking as cancelled and apply our cancellation charges.
Surcharges – Our Policy
Our prices are based on tariffs, rates of exchange and other costs as at 1st September 2019. The price of your holiday is subject to surcharges as a result of Governmental actions. Even in these cases, we absorb an amount equivalent to 2% of the holiday price, which excludes any amendment charges. Only amounts in excess of this 2% will be surcharged. If this means paying more than 10% on the holiday price, you will be entitled to cancel your holiday with a full refund of all money paid except for any amendment charges.
If you have to cancel
If you have to cancel for whatever reason up to 365 days before departure date your deposit will be refunded in full. From 365 days to 43 days before departure, your deposit will, at your choice, be forfeited or transferred to another tour in the current or following year. If you cancel within 42 days of departure, your deposit will be forfeited and we must also impose cancellation charges as follows:
Between 42 and 29 days 60%.
Between 28 and departure 100%.
Percentages are of total holiday cost.
Charges are calculated from the date written advice of cancellation is received. If you are obliged to cancel, you may, with reasonable notice, transfer your booking to a third party who satisfies all the conditions required by a person taking that holiday, but you will be obliged to pay for any additional costs resulting from the transfer.
Alterations by ourselves
We will do our utmost to provide the holiday arrangements that have been confirmed, but we must reserve the right to modify or cancel any holiday, accommodation or arrangement if unforeseen circumstances amounting to force majeure arise. In such circumstances, we will inform you as soon as possible and, should the change be such that it alters the nature of your holiday, we shall offer you the choice of an alternative holiday or a full refund of all monies paid. In recognition of the fact that we will absorb all financial loss consequent upon cancellation due to force majeure, we shall not cancel any holiday for reasons of political tension or natural disaster until specifically recommended to do so by the Foreign Office.
Tour Cancellation or curtailment
We seldom cancel a tour but we must regretfully reserve the right not to operate any tour on which there are insufficient bookings 8 weeks before departure. Full payment including your deposit will be refunded. We regret that we cannot accept liability for any other expenses you have incurred such as the purchase of non-refundable travel tickets. We also reserve the right that the tour leader, in conjunction with the appropriate medical advice if applicable, has the right to disqualify a client at any time during the course of the tour if considered necessary for the medical well being or safety of the individual or, in the tour leader’s opinion, the client’s actions materially are affecting the enjoyment of the tour for the remainder of the group.
If you have cause for complaint it makes sense to try to sort out the problem on the spot so that you can get on with enjoying the rest of your holiday. If the matter cannot be rectified, please write and tell us as soon as possible after you get back and we will do our best to sort it out promptly.