These are holidays have been devised either as structured learning courses, such as art, bridge and photography or as educational tours such as history, bird watching and botany. Each holiday is accompanied by an expert teacher or lecturer who have been selected by the Arbuthnotts for their proven ability, warm personality and humour.
They take place partly or entirely at Almuña and the learning courses include a daily programme of activities such as walks, golf and sightseeing for those who do not wish to participate in the course or who wish to combine it with some exercise.
In all cases these holidays are about having huge fun, eating delicious food and staying in considerable comfort.
"Their enthusiasm for this lovely part of the country is reflected in the meticulous care they take with every detail of the trip, from Hugh’s personally selected wine list to Jane’s fabulous Spanish cooking." - Rachel hawthorn House & Garden
- Photography holiday with Richard Greenly AndalucĂa in October is simply beautiful with soft light and dazzling white villages chiselled in to the hillside and exquisite little farm houses ready made for the camara. Under the expert guidance and instruction of Richard Greenly.
- Historical Holidays in Andalucia
- Bird Watching in Andalucia AndalucĂa is home to some of the richest bird life in the northern hemisphere and passage to thousands of birds, visit the Coto DoĂ±ana with our ornithologist Robin Nelson on the richest migratory route on earth.
- Painting at AlmuĂ±a The painting holidays vary from teacher to teacher each with their own style and technique. Our painting teachers speak for themselves as their 'aficionados' return year after year to paint at AlmuĂ±a
- Bridge School and holiday at AlmuĂ±a This is the perfect opportunity to experience all the pleasures and comforts of AlmuĂ±a at the same time as learning and improving your bridge under expert tuition from Zebedee Stocken.
- The Moorish Historical Tour in Andalucia Throughout the week Hugh will give pictorial presentations taking you through the period and where appropriate will be using some excellent guides. Hugh brings to life this remarkable period of history.
- The Botanical Ramble at AlmuĂ±a Ramble through wild flowers spectacular in abundance, variety and colour with the delightful and highly knowledgeable naturalist Crinan Alexander. The walking is gentle with time to identify flowers, butterflies and insects.